Jul 7, 2020
Mold is a silent threat that can lurk in our homes or
inside of our bodies, even years after exposure.
I never would have suspected I had any mold toxicity until I
read Dr. Jill Crista’s book and took a test out of curiosity. To my
surprise, my mold levels were super high, and I’ve recently been
going through a mold detox protocol to improve my health.
This week’s guest is a naturopathic doctor, mold specialist, and
author of Break The Mold, the book that started me on my
own mold journey.
Dr. Crista and I talk about why mold is an important health
issue to be aware of and take care of, the difference between mold
and mycotoxins, and how to detox mold from both the environment you
live in and from your body.
- 3:16 How Dr. Crista got started in naturopathic medicine and
what led her to focus on mold
- 6:05 Dr. Crista’s personal mold experience
- 9:20 Why and how mold can be harmful to your health
- 13:41 The challenge of identifying mold as the cause of health
- 15:14 Before trying to get pregnant, here’s why you should
consider getting tested for mold
- 20:17 Some of the serious health issues that can be caused by
- 22:33 Recommend options for getting tested for mold
- 27:09 Why getting out of a moldy environment is a crucial step
on the healing journey
- 31:40 Tips for successful mold remediation
- 35:56 How to avoid bringing mold with you to your new home
- 39:35 Dr. Crista’s minimalist mantra
- 41:05 Why indoor mold is never okay and what those little bits
of indoor mold actually mean about your environment
- 43:43 The five-step process to mold detox
- 47:09 Dietary changes to make during detox that can make a huge
- 50:49 When to add binders and supplements to a mold detox
- 54:55 What are antifungals and what is their role in the
- 58:24 Nasal treatments to help with mold detox
- 59:52 Why mold-sick people often have toxic breath
Links and Resources:
Dr. Jill Crista is a naturopathic doctor, best-selling author,
and nationally recognized health educator on mold-related illness.
She helps people recover their health after exposure to toxic mold.
Her book, Break The Mold, provides tools for anyone wanting
actionable steps to conquer health challenges related to mold
exposure. She also has an online training course for medical
practitioners to build their mold literacy.